Monday 9 August 2010

Raindeer, free self titled EP!

Lo-fi dance band Raindeer are from Baltimore and are as yet unsigned. They make quirky sugar covered noises, part chillwave part prog influenced pop. Think MGMT through a casio keyboard, or even a bit of Arcade Fire drifting into the influences.
Its dancey and poignant and irreverent.
Like all good unsigned bands they have an EP for free available on their Bandcamp page, its six tracks long and is actually really good. First listen I was a bit dubious but second time round I though it was ace! Especially the tracks Juanita and This Is My Last Transmission.
Other than that I don't know anything about this band, I'm thinking its a bedroom project rather than a gigging band, there are male and female vocals so maybe its a duo like the Myspace says, though I doubt that their names are really John Merrick and Rocky Dennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment