Monday 24 May 2010

✝ NO VIRGIN ✝ interview!

Following my last post on ✝ NO VIRGIN ✝ I did a brief interview thingy and got some answers and info on the band, as well as an insight into the background to his DOWNER EP. I'm really looking forward to EP number two now, which he describes as being a "Fast paced black industrial sound!" I really hope that EBM sound really is going to take off this year, with bands like //Tense // leading the way!!
Anyway read on:


Fokkawolfe:
Did you put the EP out yourself?

✝ NO VIRGIN ✝:
"I put the EP out myself, everything heard has been created and put together by (me).
The DOWNER EP is pt. I of II EP's being released.
A man outside my window was speedballing whilst I'd been mapping out the ideas for the project. So DOWNER, as you've heard, features the brooding, slower sounds of Hell. While the second EP, UPPER, will take on a fast-paced black industrial sound.

F:
Do you plan to play it out live?

✝ NO VIRGIN ✝:
"I'll be playing Bloodstock in a few weeks downtown. I have a band playing behind me as I sing in my old girlfriend's bondage. I think the live atmosphere is just as important as the one I have created in your head already."

F:
Where exactly are you from, is it really Inglewood?

✝ NO VIRGIN ✝:
"I do live in Inglewood."

F:
How would you describe your sound and do you like people putting these genre titles over bands -for example Witch House?

✝ NO VIRGIN ✝:
"I'm recreating how I view Hell to be. I take into account a lot of my own personal experiences as I try to include them into the sound as well, whether that might be a gun shot or a friend crying... Though we, as humans, shouldn't fear this realm, but embrace it. I find such themes to be incredibly lusty. The sound provokes a morbid but sexually stimulating experience. Like sneaking into your first goth club and seeing a pale sex demon lick her black lips and snap her glove at you.
I could care less about how people choose to classify a band."


2 comments:

  1. nice interview you did... today, Pitchfork wrote about this witch house scene here: http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/7806-ghosts-in-the-machine/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers, interesting Pitchfork article!

    ReplyDelete